Chennai Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- MAKES: 5 -6 People
- PREP. TIME : 10 Minutes
- TOTAL TIME : 40 – 45 Minutes
- 1 Kg of Chicken
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp. of Salt
- 1 tbsp. of Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp. of Mustard Seeds
- 1.5 tbsp. of Red Chilli Powder
- 5 – 6 Green Chilli
- 1 Cup or 3-4 Onions Sliced
- 4 – 5 Leaves of Curry Leaves
- 25 grams of Coriander Leaves
- 7 – 8 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil
- 3 – 4 Pieces of Cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Small Stick of Cinnamon
- 3 – 4 Pieces of Cloves
- 2 tbsp. of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1.5 – 2 Small Cups of Water
Chicken Curry Recipe Preparation
Add the below ingredients in a bowl :
- 1 Kg of Chicken, 1 – 1.5 tbsp. of Salt, 1 tbsp. of Turmeric, 1.5 tbsp. of Red Chilli Powder, 5 – 6 Green Chilli, 1/2 Cup of Onions Sliced and 1.5 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil. Mix it well and marinate it for 15 – 20 Mins.
- Once it’s marinated very well, Add 4 – 5 tbsp. of Mustard Oil/Groundnut Oil in a pan.
- Once it gets moderately heated, add 4 – 5 pieces of Cloves, 4 – 5 pieces of Cardamom, 2 Small Stick of Cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp. of Mustard seeds and some Curry Leaves.
- Once the Mustard Seeds pops up, add 1/2 Cup of Sliced Onions and mix well.
- Once it gets caramelised, add 2 tbsp. of Ginger Garlic Paste and mix well until the garlic smell goes off.
- Once it’s done, add the marinated chicken to the pan, mix well and cook it for 10 mins in low heat.
- Now add 2 cups of water and close the lid and cook it for 10 – 15 mins in medium to low heat.
- Add the optional ( Boiled Potatoes, Boiled Eggs, Carrots etc.. ) based on your need and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook it for 15 – 20 more mins.
- A nice garnish with chopped Coriander leaves would do the final magic for your dish.
THAT’S IT ! ! !
- Advertisement -
Delicious Simple Chennai Style Chicken Curry is Ready to Serve. Do try this recipe at home and let us know your comments below.
Follow Just A Library for more interesting multi-domain contents
You Might Also Like To Read
WHAT'S YOUR REACTION ON THIS?
- Advertisement -
Hello Ajay! This looks really good! When you post in the recipe try to keep the instructions in a more structured and bulleted manner. That helps when someone is following your recipe! Keep up the good work!
Thanks for your advice Anjali. I’ll do the changes in my upcoming posts.
[…] it with a side dish of your choice. Take a look at our chicken curry recipe if you are a […]