The spirit of quarantine cooking and experimenting have started to fade away. And, at present, most of us are in search of various dishes, but reluctant to undergo the toil. I guess it’s time for a break. Hence, we have decided to share only easy-peasy recipes. In this egg series, we are going to make the classic egg custard. An egg custard that melts in your mouth and gives you a heavenly feeling.
Custard is one of the classic desserts which is both delicious and easy to make. It takes very less effort, time and ingredients to prepare this dessert. Before we begin, make sure to subscribe to our website to receive the latest updates.
|COURSE||CUISINE||SERVES||PREP. TIME||TOTAL TIME|
- Milk – 300ml
- Egg – 2 nos.
- Sugar – 7 tbsp.
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp (optional)
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Crack open 2 eggs into a bowl and beat it well.
- Mix 1 tbsp cornflour and water each into a thick paste and set aside. (Adding this paste into custard is optional)
- Add 5 tbsp. sugar in a pan and heat it until the sugar becomes caramelized. Once caramelized, add 1 tbsp of water and stir well. Set aside to cool down a bit. Later on, transfer this syrup into the serving bowl before it solidifies.
- Now, pour 300ml milk into a saucepan and heat it at medium flame.
- Once the milk is hot, add the beaten eggs, cornflour paste (optional), 2 tbsp sugar (or as required) and 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional) into the milk.
- Continuously stir the mixture for about 7 minutes in low flame until it thickens.
- Once thickened, pour the mixture into the syrup coated serving bowl.
- Let the custard cool down to room temperature before refrigerating it for an hour or two.
- Remove the custard from the fridge. Flip it carefully onto the serving plate like you see on the cover photo and enjoy!
Seems pretty quick and easy, right? This dessert has a smooth texture and melts in your mouth.
To experience the heavenly feel of this dessert, please try this dessert at your home and let me know your comments below.