Easy Gobi 65 recipe | Potato Wedges recipe – I hope every one of us in our childhood would have enjoyed the Gobi 65/pakoda (We just call it cauliflower) in the exhibitions and street-side shops. That attractive red-coloured, spicy, crispy tasty cauliflower is where our heart lies!! Time flies and we are also grown-ups now! We hang out with our friends in McDonald’s, KFC, cafes, food courts, etc., and every one of us must have tried the potato wedges! What if I say Gobi 65 and Potato Wedges can be made with the same batter ?? Sounds interesting right? Let’s jump into the very quick and easy Gobi 65 and Potato Wedges recipe!
Easy Gobi 65 recipe | Potato Wedges recipe
Steps to make the batter
Ingredients for the batter
- Maida (all-purpose flour) – 4 Tablespoon
- Corn flour (You can also use rice flour) – 3 Tablespoon
- Chilly powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper – 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- Mix all the above ingredients into a medium thick batter. Taste the batter to check the salt & spices
- Make sure the batter is lump-free and not too watery
Steps to make Gobi 65
- Clean the cauliflower florets. Check for worms!!!!
- Boil the florets in water with salt & turmeric powder for 4-5 mins
- Coat the florets with the batter which was made earlier and deep fry it in medium flame until you get a golden colour!!
- Gobi 65 recipe is ready!! Serve Hot for better taste & Experience
Steps to make Potato Wedges
- Cut the potatoes into a wedge shape. Click here to check how to cut the potatoes into wedges (Not a tough job at all! )
- Boil the potato wedges in water with salt for 5-7 mins
- Do not over boil the potatoes. The potatoes should be cooked 50-60%
- Dip the potato wedges in the batter which was made earlier and deep fry in medium flame
- You can reduce the ginger garlic paste & garam masala for potato wedges if required
- Always fry in medium flame so that it turns out to be crispy and doesn’t burn
- You can also make use of this batter to fry any vegetable of your choice to make the crispy fried vegetable starter!!
- Eat it hot with Ketchup, Mayo, or with anything you like!
Let us know in the comments if you found this recipe and tips useful. Do not forget to share with us the photos and tag us on social media when you try our recipes!
For more recipes from Just A Library click here!