One of the easiest and quickest food to prepare is Macaroni and Cheese. Hence we can call it easy mac n cheese recipe. With macaroni, there is no right or wrong, no successful or failed attempts. If cooking is an art, then you could be an artist with Macaroni and Cheese recipe. The Macaroni and Cheese tastes nothing but cheesy and has two important ingredients – macaroni and cheese (obviously😋). But this recipe is way more colourful and flavourful because we are Indians😎. (Note: Nothing wrong with the original mac & cheese recipe, as this is just an addition of Indian twist). Also, check out our other recipes as well – HERE.
- Macaroni – 1 cup
- Cheese – depends on your guilty feelings
- Red Chilli – 1
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Tomato – 1 (Optional)
- Corn flour slurry – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – As required
- Milk – 50ml
- Oil – 1 tsp
Preparation – Here’s how to make mac and cheese
- Add macaroni into the boiling water with a pinch of salt, 1tsp oil for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from the macaroni and keep aside. Save some pasta water for later as well.
- Chop onions, garlic, and tomatoes as per your convenience. Ultimately, all this will be mashed into a semi-paste.
- Heat the pan and melt 2tbsp butter.
- Add mustard seeds, chopped onion, garlic, and saute until onion starts becoming golden color (approx. 3 minutes in medium flame).
- Now add the chopped/diced tomatoes, 1tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp chili powder, and 1tsp garam masala. Mix well and cook for another 3mins under medium flame.
- Mash the veggies using the spatula into a semi-paste form.
- Add the boiled macaroni, the pasta water, and cooked macaroni into the veggies.
- Now add 3 tbsp slurry, 50ml milk, 1tsp pepper powder, and 15g cheese (or as required). Mix well all the ingredients and cook under low flame for 8mins or until cheese melts.
- Once everything is cooked and perfect, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and some love.
- Make sure to mix oil with macaroni and water before boiling as oil prevents macaroni from sticking together.
- After boiling, stir the cooked macaroni lightly before draining so that it doesn’t stick together later on as well.
- For perfection, boil macaroni until almost cooked and not fully cooked. This will prevent macaroni becoming over cooked with the veggies.
- If you prefer more cheesy but spicy, just add how much ever cheese you want and increase the proportion of pepper powder in your dish (just like artist adjust the colours😅).
- Here we go – presenting you the Indian style mac and cheese😎.
The ingredients’ measure mentioned here is as per my taste buds. Feel free to alter the measure as per your choice. Hope you have enjoyed reading this. It’s time to experiment. Try this at home and key in your feedback in the comment section below.
For more recipe updates, subscribe us and also check other articles from various domains – HERE.
Stay tuned!! Stay Updated!!