Simple doughnuts recipe 🤤!!
Doughnuts are my absolute favorite! A warm doughnut and a hot cup of tea never fail to uplift my mood. I can never get tired of shopping in a mall and munching on doughnuts in the small breaks in-between the shop-hopping. Those sprinkles, glazed and some seasonal delights never stopped attracting me!
With the lockdown in effect, don’t we all miss store hopping in malls and snacking on doughnuts in between? I always thought making doughnuts at home would be time-consuming and not easy until I successfully made some recently !!!
“Doughnut Worry” (Oh, I meant to say “do not worry” 🤪) I got your doughnut cravings fixed !!!
Caution: You may end up making countless batches of doughnuts after trying this fail-proof, easy recipe!
This recipe is focused to satisfy your Doughnut cravings with the ingredients available at home anytime! Let’s jump into making some yummy doughnut recipe.
Portion : This will make 5-6 doughnuts
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 3 Tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Lime juice or Vinegar – 1 Teaspoon
- Milk – 1/4 cup (Enough amount to knead a soft dough)
- Softened butter – 1 Tablespoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/4 Tablespoon
- Vanilla essence – 1/4 teaspoon
For the Doughnut topping:
Topping for the doughnut is up-to your creativity. I’m mentioning the ingredients which I used in this recipe.
- Chocolate – Amul 55% Dark chocolate
- Butter – 2 Tablespoon
- Nuts – 3 to 4 cashews
- Cake sprinkles (Bought from Bakerville )
Doughnut making steps:
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well
- Now add the Vanilla essence, vinegar/lemon juice, curd and give it a mix
- Start adding enough amount of milk to the mixture and make a soft dough
- Do not over mix or knead the dough
- Now keep the softened butter in the centre of the dough and start tucking in the dough multiple times
- Cover it with a cloth and let it rest for 1 hour
- Now make balls out of the dough. Roll the balls into 1/2 inch thickness and cut it into a doughnut shape.
- Use any bottle cap, vessel cap or bowl to cut the doughnut if you do not have a doughnut cutter
- Fry the doughnuts in low-medium flame. Do not burn the doughnut
- Once the oil stops to sizzle, take out the doughnut and let it cool down in a plate
- The doughnut recipe is ready now !!!
Steps to garnish the doughnut:
- Chop the chocolate and pour molten butter into it to make chocolate sauce.
- Dip the doughnut in the chocolate sauce and sprinkle nuts, sugar, cake sprinkles as you wish.
- Voila!!! Cute looking yummy home made doughnuts is ready to eat!! Serve it hot for better taste!
- When you roll the dough make sure its at least 1/2 inch thick so that you get puffy, soft and most importantly tasty doughnuts
- Garnishing is absolutely up to your creativity. Here are a few suggestions from me:
- Any type of chocolate (white, dark, milk etc) you like can be used. You can make patterns with two different colours of the chocolate sauce
- You can also use ready make chocolate or caramel syrups
- Ready-made spreads like peanut butter, hazelnut or even Jam can be used
- Also, you can simply roll it in a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon powder
- I’ve tried dipping the doughnut in milkmaid and it has come out absolutely yum
- Any types of dried fruits/nuts/petals can be used.
- This is a never-ending list. Please let us know your suggestions in the comments section
Give our doughnut recipe a try and don’t forget to share the pictures with us!! Do let us know your feedback/queries in the comments section!!
For more recipes from Just A Library click here!