How to make perfect french fries at home?
French fries are warmly embraced by everyone; irrespective of age, caste, race, vegetarian or non-vegetarian diets. There are several reasons why French Fries has such great acceptance and popularity. One reason is obvious, the taste. Potatoes, the main (and the only😂) ingredient, has unique characteristics to blend in with any other ingredient. In fact, french fries are so “humble” that with every mouthwatering dish from the fast-food chains, you will get it as sides. The other reason being the ease of preparation. French fries are such a fail-proof and easy recipe that if you follow the right instructions. With 3 ingredients, 3 utensils, and lots of patience, you can successfully master the art of making French Fries. But for starters, you can try the below recipe to make perfect french fries at home.
- Potatoes – as much as you want 😋
- Oil – enough to drown your potatoes😎
- Salt – to taste
- Wash, peel, and cut the potatoes into perfectly thin and equal shaped long cuboids.
- Soak the cut potatoes in ice-cold water for 30 minutes.
- Take it out from the cold water. Drain all the water from potatoes using tissue or cloth.
- Soak the dried potatoes in hot water for another 10 minutes.
- Again, take it out from the hot water. Drain all the water from potatoes using tissue or cloth.
- Heat the oil to approximately 190 °C.
- Fry the potatoes in medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. (You can see the magic happening✨)
- Remove from oil and set aside for 30 minutes to drain oil.
- Re-fry the fried potatoes for another 5-7 minutes until you get the McD fries’ colour🤪.
- Once golden and crispy, transfer the fries from oil to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and enjoy it.
- Do not oil fry the potatoes when wet (else, you can experience “oilcrackers”).
- Never cut the potatoes too thin or thick as it affects cooking time.
- Season the fries with pepper, chili flakes, chili powder, oregano, as per your choice, and enjoy while contemplating your life choices.
- Ketchup might be the fries’ classic partner, but mayo, spicy mustard, hot sauce, cheese are also eligible bachelors.
- Make sure the potatoes are completely immersed in oil while frying.
Do read and follow JUST A LIBRARY for more recipes.