You might be wondering what on earth is this quarantine chocolate cake, that too without so many necessary ingredients. Well, this chocolate cake is quarantined as sugarless, flourless, eggless, and oven less one just like our jobless, hopeless, helpless, and freedom-less life now. However, don’t let the name fool you. This is an easy-to-make and delicious dessert.
Before we go into the details, don’t forget to take a look at the other recipes posted in the Recipes section. Also, follow us with your email address to receive notifications of new posts via email. Let’s dig into the making.
|COURSE||CUISINE||RECIPE SERVES||PREP. TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|Dessert||Continental||4 People||5 Mins||50 Mins|
- 2 cups of assorted biscuits
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 spoons of melted chocolate (optional)
- 2 spoons of shredded chocolate (optional)
- Butter paper / Bakery paper or Ghee
You may wonder how this is going to be a cake. Believe me, you will get a good result. Let’s begin baking now.
Making the batter:
- Take 2 cups of assorted biscuits (here I’ve used Marie gold, Oreo, bourbon and Unibic). You can also add your favourite biscuits.
- Grind it in the mixer to a powdered form.
- Now add 1 cup of milk to the mix and 1 tsp. of baking soda and blend it for another 30 seconds to make it a thick batter.
Baking the cake:
- Grease the cake mould/bowl with some ghee/oil and add the butter paper to the bottom of the cooker. If you don’t have the butter paper, then you leave it with the ghee.
- Heat a Dosa Tawa on the stove and place the cooker on top of that.
- Add the batter in the cake mould/bowl and place it inside the cooker. Add some water around the bowl which will make the cake softer.
- Close the cooker tightly. Do remember to remove the whistle.
- Bake the cake on a medium flame for around 40-45 minutes.
- To test the cake, insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake, it should come out clean or with a few cake crumbs, with no sticky batter on it.
- Let the cake cool down at room temperature. Then remove the cake gently from the cake mould/bowl.
- Add the melted and shredded chocolates on top of it as you see in the cover photo (optional).
Soft quarantined chocolate cake is ready to serve now !! Simple isn’t it?
This cake was inspired from Bristi home kitchen. Attached the link of the video for your reference.
Do try cooking this dessert at your home and let me know your comments below.
Stay tuned and stay updated for more interesting news on various domains from Just A Library !!