Rava Kesari Recipe – Rava Kesari / Kesari Baat is a sweet Indian food that is common throughout the country. The term “Rava Kesari” means semolina pudding which is flavoured with saffron and orangish in colour. The word Kesari means orange colour and also means saffron in some instances. Since the dish is made with Rava and has an orange colour, it is named as Rava Kesari (source-Wikipedia).
Before we go into the details, don’t forget to take a look at the other recipes posted in the Recipes section. Also, follow us with your email address to receive notifications of new posts via email. Let’s dig into the making.
|COURSE||CUISINE||RECIPE SERVES||PREP. TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|Dessert||South-Indian||3 People||5 Mins||20 Mins|
Ingredients to Make RAVa KESARI RECIPE – Kesari bath
- 100 grams of Rava/Semolina
- 200 grams of sugar
- 400 ml. of hot water
- 5-6 tbsp. of ghee
- a pinch of salt.
- 2 crushed cardamoms
- 10 Raisins (use as needed)
- 10 Cashew nuts (use as needed)
- 1 tbsp. of Kesari colour powder or a pinch of saffron strands
To get the right proportion, I would recommend you to measure the Rava, Sugar and water in a glass in 1:2:4 proportion. For instance, if you are using 1 glass of water, then use 2 glasses of sugar and 4 glasses of hot water from the same glass.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of ghee and fry cashew nuts and fry it on low flame until you get a light golden colour and keep aside.
- Add raisins on the same pan and roast it on low flame until they swell up and keep aside.
- Add 4 more tbsp. of ghee on the pan and add 100 grams / 1 glass of Rava/Semolina and fry it in a medium flame, with constant stirring until a nice aroma comes.
- In the meantime, boil 400ml of water and add this hot water into the rava pan and stir constantly for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1 tbsp. of Kesari colour powder or a pinch of saffron strands (here I’ve added orange colour) and a pinch of salt. Give a nice mix in medium flame and stir well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 200 grams of sugar / 2 glasses of sugar and mix well. This is a crucial part of the making. Sometimes, when you add sugar and mix, immediately you may find few lumps. You must stir well in a way to mash those lumps.
- Now add the ghee fried cashews, raisins and crushed cardamoms and stir in medium flame for another 4-5 minutes or till the Kesari forms like a thick form.
- You can add some more ghee to give the Kesari a rich, smooth texture and serve it in a bowl as you see in the cover photo.
The yummy Rava Kesari is ready to serve now. Simple Isn’t it?
For all the superheroes who are trying to save the world by staying at home, this is the perfect recipe to kick start your cooking skills. Do try cooking this dessert and let me know your comments below.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Do not forget to take a look at the other domains articles as well. Also, do join in our guest author program if you would like to share your recipes with us.
Stay tuned and stay updated for more interesting news on various domains from Just A Library !!
Ur photography is making me wanna try this..😍😋
Thank you ashitha 😊. Do try cooking this at your home and let me know your comments 👍.